Our client is looking for a web visual designer on 6 month contract
who can create beautiful yet simple graphic designs. As visual designer, you will craft intuitive experiences on a variety of web and mobile interfaces in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You must be fluent in the formal elements of visual communication such as contrast, scale, color, rhythm, and typography – and how these are best utilized on the web. You strive for continuous improvement by helping others develop, share and learn about visual design.
Reporting to the Manager, User Experience, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and executing visual design for web and mobile sites.
- Generate creative ideas and concepts for visual design solutions
- Working with UX designers, you will evolve concept sketches, wireframes and prototypes into amazing visually appealing digital experiences for our customers
- Develop and refine the visual design of user interface comps, site layouts and production templates, ensuring that business, brand, and user goals are met
- Communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Understand and represent the client brand through visual designs
- Work within a cross-functional team to develop the most optimal customer digital experiences and will continuously look to improve our web sites
Desired Skills and Experience
- A superior design and creative sensibility and a comprehensive understanding of colour theory, typography, iconography and form language
- Working knowledge of user-centred design, human-computer interaction
- Strong understanding of the web design and development process, in particular the relationship between UX design, visual design and development
- Design through the limitations and potential of the web and on mobile devices
- Excellent conceptual design and problem solving skills
- Experience in any or all of the following: information design, storyboarding, product branding and responsive design
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate people
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to champion the user centered design process and communicate its use and value to senior management
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
Due to the amount of résumés we receive, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up. Please keep in mind however that we do file all resumes that are submitted for future considerations.