Job Location: Scarborough Ontario
Big Data is one of the fastest growing business opportunities across industries today. As more aspects of our lives get digitized and we create data in massive quantities, we are now embracing Artificial Intelligence to meaningfully improve our lives by thoughtfully analyzing data using intelligent platforms. Our Client is constantly working to build and deliver innovative next generation technologies – this includes leveraging Big Data to enable AI and applying the latest research methods to build human-centred applications for the benefit of Canadians.
As a Big Data Architect, you will provide technical leadership for new data solutions platform, helping to design and build world class high-volume real-time data ingestion and processing frameworks and advanced analytics on big data platforms. You will research, develop, optimize and innovate frameworks and patterns for enterprise scale solutions for our big data initiatives. You are a self-starter that loves to continually evaluate new technologies, innovate, educate and collaborate, all to deliver critical services that help our customers succeed! You love to present technology solutions to senior leadership and influence architectures of projects leveraging big data technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide visionary leadership for projects related to big data technologies and software development support for new data products
- Analyze latest big data analytic technologies and their innovative applications and bring best practices to the team
- Develop a big data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous sources
- Support and educate existing staff on big data technologies and best practices from design through application support
- Facilitate technology evaluation within engineering to drive architecture and design as part of the road map evolution
Support the grooming of use cases, data requirements and solutions hypotheses; develop technical domain knowledge and data engineering models; operationalize the application of AI insights and decision making; and manage our AI technology delivery lifecycle and business models
Evolve our underlying data infrastructure and data engineering backbone in partnership with our technical platform teams, data engineering functions, privacy and security functions, and network access management teams
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Extensive knowledge and 3+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions (Horton Works), Spark streaming, Kafka, Spark advanced analytics, NoSQL data stores such as Hbase/Cassandra, and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi,
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and implementing big data solutions. This includes creating the requirements analysis, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution
- 4+ years’ programming/scripting languages Java and Scala, python, R, Pig
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Experience architecting highly scalable, highly concurrent and low latency systems
- Experience scaling applications to processing multiple petabytes
- Knowledge of software/data design methods, data structures, and modeling standards
- Working Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Ideally experienced with multiple cloud computing platforms supporting Big Data.
- Experience with more than one data streaming technologies
- Understanding of Machine Learning skills (like Apache Mahout, Spark MLib)
To submit your resume to our database today, please complete the Form below
Due to the amount of résumés we receive, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up. Please keep in mind however that we do file all resumes that are submitted for future considerations.
Thank you for your interest.