Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Artist/3D Generalist at their Toronto location.
This position is a 12-month contract.
- Must have experience scripting in Unity and using Mecanim, especially in a professional environment.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reduce polygon count of TV show assets so that they can run efficiently in a mobile game
- Bake UV’s into texture atlas (must know when to use tile-able textures or an atlas)
- Entirely Re-UV assets
- Animate assets using reduced rigsPlan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project team
- Proficient in Maya (2-3 years experience)
- Experience baking textures and lighting for games
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Experience rigging in Maya for games (working knowledge of humanik a plus)
- Ability to import and set up assets in Unity
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and plan ahead to ensure production deadlines are met
- Creative thinker and problem solver with ability to adapt to a variety of work situations
- Knowledge of video game industry and practices
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Exceptional time management skills, results-oriented
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and a quick learner
- Able to work well within a team environment
Due to the amount of résumés we receive, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up. Please keep in mind however that we do file all resumes that are submitted for future considerations.