Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager at their Toronto location. In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality assurance team for all external and internally developed mobile products.
This position would be ideally suited for someone who has experience managing a QA team of a consumer facing mobile app.
- Develop test strategies, formal test plans, and system configurations to efficiently validate compliance to product design requirements and design guidelines
- Actively participate in the planning, preparation and execution of effective test efforts
- Tuning our iterative delivery process to maximize speed without foregoing quality
- Owning metrics and dashboards that measure our QA progress and effectiveness
- Determining tools / processes (automated and manual) to help test our software across multiple platforms
- In-depth software engineering and development lifecycle knowledge
- Provide test result walk-throughs for the project team(s), partners, and stakeholders
- Recommend and implement testing tools that increase capacity/capability, streamline QA processes and operations
- Standardize defect tracking and reporting practices
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent and/or eliminate/consolidate duplicate defects
- Maintain and evolve the QA environment as new requirements and factors come into play during the software life-cycle
- Minimum 5+ years of professional software QA work experience on Web and/or Mobile products
- Experience with both manual test strategies as well as test automation tools
- Be extremely detail oriented – in documentation, test strategy delivery, and more
- Comfortable in a very fast-paced environment with high degrees of autonomy
- Knowledge of test case design techniques
- Bug tracking systems (JIRA), triaging, documenting, assigning and prioritizing bugs
- Eye for details with respect to user experiences, interfaces, and other visual components
- Experience working testing complex client-server environments and interactions
- Experience load/stability testing APIs and stress testing servers
- Degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline; an asset
Due to the amount of résumés we receive, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up. Please keep in mind however that we do file all resumes that are submitted for future considerations.