- Developing web enabled and database driven applications in Java;
- Applying analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions;
- Designing and developing quality solutions for systems issues consistent with project objectives;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining solutions that maximize system availability;
- Troubleshooting coding issues, and ensuring coding continuity;
- Developing detailed design specifications, creating code and assessing impact on other applications;
- Working closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities;
- Coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments;
- Documenting design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Ensuring that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles;
- Providing detailed development estimates to Project Manager and team lead for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting;
- Participating in development of test strategy, plans, cases and efforts including unit testing and integration testing of code;
- Tracking defects, defect triage and resolution; and
- Ensuring required documentation is housed in the project repository.
- 5+ years of development experience with Java/J2EE and Java Server Page (JSP);
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experiences in the following technologies:
GoF/J2EE Design Patterns,
- Proven knowledge of Java web application architecture and design concepts including: MVC, multi-tier architecture;
- Experience as a rational application developer, Ant; Junit; CVS; and,
- Experience with MKS, Mainframe environment.
We are also looking for Senior Technical Architects.
Send your resumes directly to Joshua @ firstname.lastname@example.org