Java Developer Opportunities (Sports Enthusiasts)
If you are also a sports enthusiast – then this is definitely an opportunity you should check out.
- Building robust, extensible and extremely efficient Java front-end and back-end Internet applications for Canada’s #1 sports web site
- Building and extending database elements (MYSQL);
- Maintaining and extending custom Java based CMS applications
- Developing tools that integrate seamlessly and efficiently with existing HTML documents, Java controls, AJAX and Flash applications;
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of Java development experience in a structured environment, preferably gaming or e-commerce
- 3+ years’ experience working with java focused web architectures and platforms (Weblogic 10g, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Web Services)
- Experience with Web Services (including SOAP, XML, XML Schema, JSON and REST concepts and frameworks)
- Knowledge of Server-Side UI Design Patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc…)
- Committed to Continuous Integration principles and Test Driven Development to create clean, testable software
- Required Technical Understanding of JavaSE, XML Unix shell scripting, J2EE, Servlets/JSP, PL/SQL, O/R mapping technology, Web Services, Testing & Build frameworks (JUnit, Ant/Maven, etc)
- Experience with one of SVN, Git, Mercurial
- Solid experience with SQL along with one or more of the following RDBMS: Oracle 10++, MySQL 5.x, SQL Server 2005/2008++.
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic Portal, ATG, JBOSS EAP a big plus.
- Well organized with good communication skills, and an ability to juggle multiple projects
- A passion for major professional sports is a plus
- Excellent references
Send your resume directly to Judith @ email@example.com
All candidates that make the short list will have to go through our screening process and face-to-face interviews, prior to client submissions.
We also want to thank you for taking the time to visit our site and to submit your resume for consideration. Due to the amount of résumés we receive however, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up.