Our Client in downtown Toronto has an exceptional opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer. Experience with enterprise storage is a definite asset.
Check out the requirements below – and let us know if this would be a fit for your current skills and career interests. Contact us by sending us a detailed copy of your resume via our contact form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Provide full support for the VMware virtual environment, storage, SAN fabric, servers and OSes, at the Client’s data center and remote sites.
- Consult with all business units to gather requirements, design, configure and deploy hardware infrastructure systems and workflows.
- Virtual environment: Configure and maintain the VMware environment, including the remote sites and staging. Troubleshoot, upgrade and performance tune this environment.
- Storage: Configure, deploy and administer all tiers of enterprise storage. Deal with hardware, maintenance and firmware updates, as well as troubleshooting and cabling.
- SAN fabric: Configure and manage zone files. Administer the fibre fabric environment.
- Servers: Configure, deploy and administer all servers from a hardware and OS level. Work with system administrators and broadcast engineers to troubleshoot hardware and OS issues.
- Maintain the hardware inventory database.
- Vet hardware and OS requirements, obtain quotes and create standard OS images.
- Keep current with new applicable technologies.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with peers.
- Respond to any specific assignments as required.
- 24×7 availability via cell phone.
- Candidate will have a diploma or degree in computer related field and 3 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Expertise with VMware environments and the supporting hardware and software.
- Experience with Enterprise storage.
- Experience with SAN fabric configuration and support.
- Experience with vRealize Operations is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise backup environments is an asset.
- Knowledge of Quantum’s StorNext filesystem is an asset.
- Proactive with exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Collaborative, strong interpersonal skills and an exceptional team player.
Due to the amount of résumés we receive, time does not permit us to personally respond to every single submission for an individual position or opportunity. Only considered candidates will be contacted for follow up. Please keep in mind however that we do file all resumes that are submitted for future considerations.